Think of joining a NCAFA Non-Contact football program (Girl’s Touch or Co-Ed Flag) as a coach or manager. Both are finished by the end of June. You will help kids have a great experience and you will get more back than you give. Check out our programs at www.ncafa.ca pr email email@example.com for details.
Jack Rabb of Richmond stepped up to coach our Flag Football program and had a ball. Why don’t you give it a go too?
“2018 marked the 63rd anniversary of our league (NCAFA) and the Bell Warriors Football Club. The good we do and good we have done is a simple product of setting a proud example of selfless commitment to our community, our club, our players and each other. We are stronger and better when we work together as a team and whether our youth appreciate the example we set at the time, someday they will. Those that can do. Those that can do more volunteer. Our success as a non-profit community association and football club is a product of years of building on our successes. We have much to be proud of and it is in situations like this that we have a forum to praise our many caring volunteers; to be grateful for the experience; and proud of our many accomplishments. 2018 was a great year and I am excited to see what we can achieve.” – summed up Paul Stewart, Bell Warriors President at the Warriors AGM held Feb 21.
Here are some highlights from the President’s report:
- Banquets and 6th Annual Silent Auctions January 13, 2018
- Helmet Delivery: January 2018
- Head Coaches Announced – Jan 15: Brian Patterson (tyke); Pat Kilmartin (Mosquito); Paul Gowans (Pee Wee); Richard Baylin (Bantam)
- AGM February 27
- NCAFA Planning Meeting: March 24
- Warriors Planning Meeting: March 26, Hosted by Scotty’s Corner Diner (Warriors Gold Sponsor)
- Mayor’s City of Ottawa Builder Award – Jacob Baylin recipient – March 28
- REDBLACKS Inaugural Coaches Clinic April 14
- 4 week Indoor Clinic April 14 – May 5
- Primo Organizing Day: April 21
- NCAFA Flag Football : Quinn’s Pointe, April 28, May 12
- RBC Spirit of the Capital Award Winner – May 8 Warriors Alumni Aaron Masolingi
- 7th Annual Warriors Day Michelle Heights – May 26
- Flag Football: 5 weeks, May 26 – June 23
- Tryouts started May 22nd : 120 players selected eventually (vs 115 in ’17; vs 134 in ’16)
- Warrior Wear Catalogue : deadline May 27 and Oct 15
- 50/50 Tickets Sales Starts: June 21
- Girl’s Touch Football Championship : June 24
- NCAFA Spalding Cup U15 and U17: July 14-15
- 23rd Annual Warriors Golf Tournament : July 28
- Tyke Jamboree & Mosquito Madness Exhibition Season Openers: August 12
- New Trainer Table – Grant England donation August 15
- Season Opener: August 18
- Inaugural Tyke Multi-Game Jamboree – Sept 3
- Free Custom Mouth Guards – Sept 7
- Queens Gaels Player of the Week – Sept 10 Kurtis Schaefer
- Scholarship Winners announced : September 26 Andrew Fullerton, Daniel Schwartz ($38,00 to date)
- Canteen – $6,995. Food donated by new Gold Sponsor Scotty’s Corner Diner
- Poppies and Pink Ribbons on Helmets October and 1st week of November
- Joint 4-Team Practice: October 24
- NCAFA Championship Week: Oct 31 – Nov 4. Tyke B-Cup Semi-Finalists; Mosquito C-Cup Champions; Pee Wee A-Cup Finalists; Bantam A-Cup Finalists
- Warriors Mosquito Team at the REDBLACKS: November 2
- Intra-Provincial Pee Wee/Bantam/Midget Championship: November 18
- Equipment Return: Nov 13 & 15
- Christine Lavigne receives Warrior Volunteer of the Year Award : November 29
- 6th Annual Volunteer Appreciation night: November 29
- NCAFA All Stars Announced – Dec 3
- NCAFA Midget Award Winners Announced – Dec 3; Jake Papalia (All-Star, NCAFA Rookie and Best D-Player for Norsemen), Kia Padamshi (Norsemen Rookie of the Year – All Star), Josh Streng & Armando Pascual de la Cruz (All Stars)
- NCAFA Bantam Bursary Winner Announced – Bell Warriors Bantam QB Caleb Faulkner
- Helmet Reconditioning : Dec 13
- Christmas Hamper Program: Dec 20
- Sponsorship Program: $2,580
Elections determined that the 2018 Bell Warriors Executive would be:
- Paul Stewart, President
- Paul Gowans, VP of Player & Field Equipment (NEW)
- Richard Baylin, VP of Facilities (NEW)
- Christine Lavigne, VP of Administration (NEW)
- Dan Crabtree, VP of Finance
Please join us in welcoming our three new club Executive Members Paul Gowans, Richard Baylin and Christine Lavigne. One last note, we would like to thank BARB DODGE. Barb Dodge decided to step down as VP of Administration but will retain her role as our Club Registrar. Thanks for all you have done and continue to do for the Warriors Barb!
Barb Dodge being recognized at our ’18 Team Banquets (LtoR: Paul Stewart, President; Barb Dodge Past VP of Admin & Club Registrar; Kelly White, Volunteer; Jen Daniels, Volunteer; and Christigne Lavigne NEW VP of Admin)
We’d also like to thank our long-time Warriors Coach, VP of Operations and friend TIM SHEAHAN who is stepping away from the Warriors after 10+ years of volunteering for our Club. Tim had two boys go through our program (Kyle and Brendan) and remained to give back to the Warriors long after both boys had graduated from our program. When it came to passion for our sport and our club, Tim was second to none. His contributions to our club led to his being honoured with the 2015 United Way Community Builder Award. We all owe Coach Tim a debt of gratitude for all he gave to our proud club. THANK YOU TIM!
2015 United Way Community Builder Awards Ceremony at the Hall of Inspiration in Jean Pigott Hall at Ottawa City Hall.
Director positions are listed on our Contact page and supporters are encouraged to contact the Warriors at firstname.lastname@example.org if they are interested in applying to fill any vacant positions.