Football isn’t about ‘pats on the back‘ for a job well done. Football is about acting with distinction and doing a job well that needs to be done. It is no different in running a community football program. “We value setting a selfless example for our youth and doing good in our community”, states Paul Stewart, Bell Warriors President.
Having said all of that, it is an honour for our non-profit football club to be recognized in our community for the good work we have done for the past 64 years and continue to do night in and night out. At a ceremony held last night at the CARDELREC-Goulbourn Centre, the Warriors were awarded with their nomination for the Volunteer Group of the Year. On hand on behalf of the Warriors was Warriors VP of Finance Dan Crabtree and VP of Administration Christine Lavigne.
In addition to hosting our three distinct football programs for boys and girls, the Warriors give back to our Warriors players in the form of bursaries and scholarships. The Warriors also plan a series of events to raise monies for our operations; and to expose youth to living an active lifestyle while playing our great sport of football:
- Annually, the Warriors offer two $1,000 post-secondary scholarships to Warriors alumni. Applications are judged on academics, the alumni’s Warriors experience, and their community involvement
- 14 Stittsville residents have won scholarships in the past decade: Andrew Fullerton (’18), Stefano Napolitano (’13 and ’17), Kurtis Schaefer (’16), Sean Stoqua (’15), Charles Keenan (’14), Mitchell Henselwood (’14), Bran Hinton (’13), David Sabourin (’11 and ’12), Sam Sabourin (’10 and ’12), Mike Wierich (’11), and Richard Hobbs (’10)
- $38,000 has been rewarded to date since the launch of our scholarship program
- The Bell Warriors are proud to support our young players on and off the field
- Annually, post-secondary bursaries are also made available to our Bantam and Midget aged Tackle football players and a graduating Girl’s Touch Football program player ($500 each)
- For 23 years, the Warriors host an annual Bell Warriors Golf Tournament (hosted at the Amberwood Village Golf and Country Club, Stittsville)
- Volunteer Appreciation Night: hosted annually at The ALE Lounge & Eatery, Stittsville
- Hosted numerous Warriors Days which were free to expose youth in Stittsville to football
- Hosted free QB clinics (in Stittsville) in the Winter in 2018
- Host Winter Workouts annually to introduce youth of Stittsville to football
- Host two annual banquets and awards ceremonies in Stittsville
- Host our Bell Warriors AGM in Stittsville annually
- Partner to offer region-wide Tyke & Mosquito jamborees each August for Stittsville youth
- Partner to offer region-wide All-Star teams to compete for the Eastern Ontario – Western Quebec Inter-Provincial championship for Stittsville youth
- Offer Inter-Provincial cross-over games for our Bantam and Midget aged tackle football players of Stittsville
- If boys & girls want to play football in Stittsville, then the Bell Warriors Football Club are their team for affordable & accessible non-contact and tackle football programs
View this post on Instagram
Proud of our nomination for the Stittsville Volunteer Group of the Year. 64 years of mentoring youth in our community is praise worthy for sure! #NCAFA #OTTFB #Stittsville #FOOTBALL #youthsports #ottnews #ottsports #ottawasports #ottawa #youth #ottcity #Warriors4Life
A post shared by Bell Warriors (@bellwarriors1) on
We are proud of what we do as Warriors in our community. THANK YOU to Dan and Christine for being on hand to accept our award.
NCAFA and OSEG are looking for 50/ 50 sellers during Redblack games.
As you may know, OSEG has partnered up with NCAFA to raise money for the OSEG Foundation. NCAFA is very lucky to have an organisation like OSEG supporting minor football. Part of the proceeds from the RedBlacks 50/50 goes to every club within NCAFA to help offset equipment costs, and by extension, keeping minor football the cheapest and most accessible sport for kids in Ottawa.
This is an opportunity for you to help out your club and the league by working 4-9 RedBlack home games, while being paid for your time by OSEG.
Gawain Harding, President of the Gatineau Vikings and NCAFA Executive says, “I’ve been doing this for the last 3 years and I have enjoyed the experience greatly. It’s a fun way to give back. The time passes quick. And selling 50/50 tickets is allot easier than you think it is. People want to buy 50/50 tickets. You just need to be active and vocal for 3 hours.”
The OSEG Foundation and NCAFA will be having a second orientation session on:
TUESDAY, JUNE 11th at TD PLACE CLICK HERE if interested
We need to get as many people who are interested out on that date. Candidates should be:
- Must be outgoing – approaching strangers may not be everyone’s cup of tea, but sometimes meeting new people can be fun and rewarding!
- Cash handling is a must – selling raffle tickets in $5, $10 and $20 increments sometimes calls for math on site. Top sellers last season sold over $4,000 per game! That’s a lot of cash!
- Willing to help make a difference – 50% of the pot does go to one lucky fan, but the real reason for the raffle is for the 50% that is donated to the OSEG Foundation.
It’s time to step up. For more details, you can also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Football is our game but more and more it takes innovation for our Bell Warriors to manage our day-to-day operations. Our previous website didn’t work well on different platforms (i.e. computer, laptop, tablet, phones, etc….). We had also ran into issues that had arisen over time with functionality and bugs. The decision became clear when we couldn’t sell tickets for events on our site and when we began having registration issues. The outcome was we needed a new site immediately and we are proud to say, our new website is LIVE!!!!
From the backend, it is a dream to navigate which doesn’t affect our users but it sure makes keeping our site vibrant, dynamic and up-to-date much, much easier. For our Warriors users, we hope you will appreciate the responsive design which can react to any screen size. Like our sport and program, we have expanded to have a larger influence on our site for our growing Non-Contact Football Programs (Girl’s Spring Touch Football and Co-ed Spring Flag Football). Convenient links are available for our expansive highlight videos, awards catalogue, annual team programs, sponsorship packages, the popular Jim Wagdin Post-Secondary Scholarship Program and so much more.
We know you will all appreciate that we have expanded our payment options to include on-line e-transfers from the site and buying tickets for our fun annual events (i.e. Warriors Annual Golf Tournament) or fundraisers (i.e. Warriors at the REDBLACKS) has never been easier.
Enjoy the new site. Here’s to our Warriors. 64 years of providing local youth football programs and counting! #Warriors4Life
23rd Annual Bell Warriors Fundraiser Golf Tournament – Super
door prizes, a great lunch & sit down dinner, 18 holes of golf with … …